The death of a loved one always feels “wrong,” but it is not always “wrongful” under the law. If your loved one’s death was caused by the negligent or careless actions of another person, you might have cause to file a wrongful death claim as a surviving family member. These cases are never easy, but with a knowledgeable attorney by your side, you may be able to hold the person who caused your loved one’s death legally responsible for their actions. By requesting a free download of our guide to California wrongful death claims, you can get the information you need to get justice for your family.
What You Will Learn
You might have heard about wrongful death actions in the news, but when it affects you and your family, you need real information. Basically, any case that would have been grounds for a personal injury claim if the victim had survived can become a wrongful death claim if they die. In this guide, you will get answers to the following key questions:
- What is a wrongful death case?
- Why bring a wrongful death case?
- Who can bring a wrongful death claim in California?
- How am I awarded money in a wrongful death case?
- What is the process for bringing a wrongful death suit?
- What is the difference between a survival action and a wrongful death action?
- How much time do I have to bring a wrongful death claim in California?
- How do I pay a lawyer for representing me in a wrongful death claim?
- How do I choose a lawyer for a wrongful death claim?
- Can I bring a wrongful death claim if the person who died was partially responsible for their own death?
Our guide addresses all of these questions in simple terms to help you understand your options.
Request Your Guide Now!
When you fill out the form below, you will receive an email with a link to download your guide. If you have any questions or concerns after reading, please don’t hesitate to call us to set up a free initial consultation. We are sincerely sorry for your loss, and we hope we can be of assistance at this difficult time.